1992-2010 UNITY FOR A NEW ERA
Setting the scene
- The climax of deindustrialisation: rise of finance
- New types of labour
- New type of Labour Party: New Labour
- An organising union: a new united union
- Financial crisis: Unite and political change
- Liverpool dockers 1997-98
- BA Cabin Crew 1997
- Longbridge closure 2000
- House of Commons cleaners 2004
- Cate Gourmet
TGW, New Labour and the development of an authentic TU political agenda
- Bill Morris backs social partnership 1997-98
- Tony Woodley challenges New Labour: TU Freedom Bill; organising agenda
- Broad Left
UNITE Thw Union
a new type of union
All: assessment of resistance to de-industrialisation
NW: Liverpool dockers Midlands: Longbridge closure
London: organising agenda and victories for casual workers
- How was support for the New Labour agenda secured and how was it challenged ?
- How far is the organising agenda able to match the fluid, casualised structure of work ?
- How far can community engagement and wider national political campaigns create a new mass base for trade union organisation ?